Lane
Lane, JD,CFP, MBA, CRPS
Experience:  Law Degree, specialization in Tax Law and Corporate Law, CFP and MBA, Providing Financial, Social Security & Tax advice since 1986
1929974

Second opinion] IF MY MOM IS GETTING SSI BENIFITS BECAUSE MY

Customer Question

Second opinion] IF MY MOM IS GETTING SSI BENIFITS BECAUSE MY REAL DAD (divorced) is disabled and i'm actualy living with my grandparents can she be committing fraud.she gives 0 support to grand Parents. All school mail comes to grandparents
JA: These retirement benefits are supposed to help us but they can be so complicated! The Retirement Expert will help you get the most benefits propertly. Is there anything else the Retirement Accountant should be aware of?
Customer: the mother harasses the child undoing months of theraphy
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Lane replied 1 month ago.

Hi. So Sorry to hear of the trouble.

...

What you can do is have your grandparents apply for custody.

...

Also ANY showing that a representative payee is mishandling your funds will VERY likely get your removed.

...

SSA takes a VERY dim view of a representative payee not acting in the best interests of a minor

Expert:  Lane replied 1 month ago.

Now, if this is a divorced spousal benefit, and has nothing to do with caring for you, then that's a different issue. It's HER benefit. But yes, if this is your benefit OR based on her caring for you I would have the grandparents apply to be the representative payee.

...

Please let me know if you have ANY questions at all, before rating me.

I hope you’ll rate me (using those stars, or faces on your screen, by clicking submit) based on thoroughness and accuracy, rather than any good news /bad news content.

Otherwise I’ll receive no compensation at all, from JustAnswer.

Thank you!

Lane

..

I hold a law degree, with concentration in Tax Law, Estate law & Corporate law, an MBA in finance,a BBA, and CFP & CRPS (Chartered Retirement Plans Specialist)designations, as well - I’ve been providing financial, Social Security/Medicare, estate, corporate, non-profit, and tax advice to clients onthree continents since 1986.