Lane
Lane, JD,CFP, MBA, CRPS
Experience:  Law Degree, specialization in Tax Law and Corporate Law, CFP and MBA, Providing Financial, Social Security & Tax advice since 1986
1929974

I need a copy of moms 2016 benefit statement for the NH as

Customer Question

I need a copy of moms 2016 benefit statement for the NH as she is going on state aid..how can I get this information. Mom in NH 100 years old.
JA: These retirement benefits are supposed to help us but they can be so complicated! The Retirement Expert will help you get the most benefits propertly. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: I don't have 2016 statement from SSA and NH needs it as mom is going on Medicaid approximately June/2017
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Retirement Accountant should know?
Customer: Do you need her SSA number which is###-##-#### - Agnes Grodzicki
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Lane replied 4 months ago.

Hi Agnes. My nae's Lane

...

Please understand that you are not talking to Social Security here. This is JustAnswer.com ... a website that puts highly credentialed experts together with people who have questions about everything from Social Security to tax to finance, generally.

...

I CAN, however, tell you exactly what your options are for getting a copy of her benefit statement.

...

Social Security knows that people can lose the paper documentation. This is why they created "MY SOCIAL SECURITY" an online account that allows you to get copies of your award letter/benefit verification letter, 1099-SSA, see your earnings record, etc.

...

You can go there, log in (or set up your account AND log in if you've never used it) and print your documents immediately.

...

Here's the site for that: click here for MY SOCIAL SECURITY

...

Once you are logged in to her account, select the "Replacement Documents" tab

...

If you'd rather not use her online account, you have two other options:

...

By calling 1-***-***-****, you can speak to a Social Security representative between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m. Monday through Friday. Generally, you’ll have a shorter wait time if you call during the week after Tuesday.

...

OR

...

You can get one by going to your closest Social Security Office. (Although you might want to call the number above first to make an appointment).

...

Click here for a Social Security Office locator, where you can enter a zip code to find the closest office.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I only signed up for $5 for this information but noticed another charge sent to me which I am not paying. It only stated $5 and I have further use for this service. Cancel this membership!
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I do not want to talk to you...CANCEL
Expert:  Lane replied 4 months ago.

Please understand that we expert users don't do that... That's something the site does.

...

You would no be charged for the call unless you accept.

...

HOWEVER, I have given you very good, thorough, and accurate information here.

...

I would respectfully ***** ***** you rate me positively so that JustAnswer will credit me with a portion of the base service fee - by using those stars on your screen

...

Finally thse ARE you only three options for getting the statement - Good luck with it