Christopher B, Esq.
Christopher B, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  associate attorney
84496330

I'm 57 and would like to know if I'm able to retire and take

Customer Question

good Morning
JA: Hello. How can we be of help?
Customer: I'm 57 and would like to know if I'm able to retire and take care of my 10 year old daughter
JA: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: What or how much will I recieve
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Retirement Accountant should know?
Customer: no just asking
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Christopher B, Esq. replied 4 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today. Thank you for your question and for using justanswer.com. Give me a bit and I will draft you an answer to your question.

Unfortunately, you need to be at least age 62 to take your social security benefit. Your dependent child can receive up to a 50% benefit based on your SSA record (but only if you are currently receiving your benefit which requires you to be at least age 62 or disabled). Your child might be able to qualify under a spouse or a deceased spouse.

Please let me know if you have any further questions and please positively rate my answer if you are satisfied. This will cost you nothing extra and will ensure that I will be compensated by the site for my time with you. Feel free to ask any follow up questions if you feel your questions has not been fully answered. See link on how to rate: http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Her mother is receiving so for disability and her daughter is not receiving half

She has to be (1) unmarried (2) under age 18 or (3) under age 19 and still in high school. If that is the case, the child should be eligible for a benefit. See link: https://www.ssa.gov/planners/retire/yourchildren.html

Just checking back in, do you have any further questions?