LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I have 30 years of legal and litigation experience, including representing clients before the U.S. Social Security Administration.
15277592

I got approved almost two years ago for SSI for mental

Customer Question

Hi there!!
JA: Hi. What do you want help with?
Customer: I got approved almost two years ago for SSI for mental illness. All paperwork was and continues to be in order. The only change was that I got evicted in April. Also, I have a bank account for my daughter in my name. What reasons could they have called? I know its a loaded question, but scared as hell
JA: These retirement benefits are supposed to help us but they can be so complicated! The Retirement Expert will help you get the most benefits propertly. Is there anything else important you think the Retirement Accountant should know?
Customer: I was just wondering if they can take it away if I was evicted
Category: Social Security
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Never mind....I didn't mean to click on call me
Expert:  LawTalk replied 5 months ago.

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

Well, the only thing that raises a red flag is if you have your name on a bank account that has n=more than $2000 in it. If so, that could cause you a problem.

Being evicted will not cause you to lose your SSI benefits. But they do need your new address and if you relocated and did not inform them of your new address that could be a reason they are contacting you as well. This is because SSI is based on the state you live in and if you relocate out of state you have to re-apply for SSI in your new state.

You may reply back to me again if you have additional questions, and I will continue to assist you.

I am not an employee of this site and I am only paid for helping you when you rate my service to you. Please remember to rate my service to you by clicking on the rating stars on your screen (preferably 5-Stars) so that I can be compensated for helping you. Thank you in advance.

I wish you and yours well in 2017,

Doug

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I would like to ask if they check bank accounts?
Expert:  LawTalk replied 5 months ago.

They do when the bank sends you a 1099 for interest income which is reported to the IRS. The Social Security sees you have a bank account and they can look into that matter. Simply, you are not allowed to have significant money in your name, even if you are "holding it" for a child.

You may reply to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I can address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

Please remember to rate my service to you by clicking on the rating stars on your screen so that I can be compensated for helping you. I am not an employee of the site and I am only paid when you rate my service to you. There is no cost to you related to your rating my service to you. Thank you in advance.

I wish you and yours well in 2017,

Doug

Expert:  LawTalk replied 5 months ago.

Good afternoon,

Is there anything else I can assist you with today? It is possible that your questions and issues might be better served by an in-depth conversation with me. If you are interested, for a very nominal charge I can offer you a private phone conference.

Please know that I answered your question in good faith, providing you with the information that you asked for, and I did that with the expectation that you would act likewise and rate my service to you. If I have already provided you with the information you asked for and you have no additional questions, would you please now rate my service to you by clicking on the rating stars so that I can be compensated for assisting you? Rating me costs you nothing as you have already paid the deposit for my help. All rating does is ensure that I am paid for my time in working with you.

Thanks in advance for your rating of my service. It is greatly appreciated.

I wish you the best in 2017,

Doug