Lane
Lane, JD,CFP, MBA, CRPS
Experience:  Law Degree, specialization in Tax Law and Corporate Law, CFP and MBA, Providing Financial, Social Security & Tax advice since 1986
1929974

I have been trying to get my husband, ...my husband's 1099

Customer Question

I have been trying to get my husband
JA: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: ...my husband's 1099 record for his taxes. I have communicated with the office and was told it would be sent to me by ground mail...but has been over a week and we have not received it.....
JA: Is there anything else the Retirement Accountant should be aware of?
Customer: No....
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Lane replied 5 months ago.

Hi. My name's Lane.

...

So sorry, the only other options you have are (1) using the online account or (2) calling the SSA customer service number and setting an appointment to go in to the office.

...

By calling 1-***-***-****, you can speak to a Social Security representative between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m. Monday through Friday. Generally, you’ll have a shorter wait time if you call during the week after Tuesday

...

(If you simply walk in - for most filed offices - that means sitting there all day only to come away with an appointment for another day)

...

Also important, my clients are telling me that this request typically takes about 10 days on average.

...

But again, Social Security knows that people can lose the paper documentation. This is why they created "MY SOCIAL SECURITY" an online account that allows you to get copies of your award letter/benefit verification letter, 1099-SSA, see your earnings record, etc.

...

You can go there, log in (or set up your account AND log in if you've never used it) and print your documents immediately.

...

Here's the site for that: click here for MY SOCIAL SECURITY

...

Once you are logged in to your account, select the "Replacement Documents" tab

Expert:  Lane replied 5 months ago.

Please let me know if you have ANY questions at all, before rating me.

I hope you’ll rate me (using those stars, or faces on your screen, by clicking submit) based on thoroughness and accuracy, rather than any good news / bad news content.

Otherwise I’ll receive no compensation for the time & expertise here at all, from JustAnswer.

Thank you!

Lane

..

I hold a law degree, with concentration in Tax Law, Estate law & Corporate law, an MBA in finance, a BBA, and CFP & CRPS (Chartered Retirement Plans Specialist) designations, as well - I’ve been providing financial, Social Security/Medicare, estate, corporate, non-profit, and tax advice to clients on three continents since 1986

Expert:  Lane replied 5 months ago.

...

I’m just checking back in to see how things are going.

...

Did my answer help?

If this HAS helped, and you DON’T have other questions … I'd appreciate a positive rating (using the stars or faces on your screen, and then clicking “submit")

...

But if you need more on this, please let me know.

Lane