Chad CFP ®
Chad CFP ®, CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER TM, Professional
Experience:  Managing Director
98767339

I receive a retirement sum from Teacher retirement systems

Customer Question

I receive a retirement sum from Teacher retirement systems in Dallas Texas. I also work 40 hours a week. I do receive a small amount of Social Security. Can I get money from my ex husbands S.S.?
JA: These retirement benefits are supposed to help us but they can be so complicated! The Retirement Expert will help you get the most benefits propertly. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: Can I apply to receive my ex husbands S.S. benefit?
JA: Is there anything else the Retirement Accountant should be aware of?
Customer: I'm 72 years old and work a 40 hour work week in addition to receiving Teacher's Retirement Benefits and small amount of my owe S.S. benefits.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Chad CFP ® replied 5 months ago.

Hello, My name is***** am a Certified Financial Planning ® Professional. Welcome to JustAnswer!

I understand you are a retired teacher, who is still working and have reached full retirement age.

If you are divorced, but your marriage lasted 10 years or longer, you can receive benefits on your ex-spouse's record (even if they have remarried)

Continued...

The simplest way to figure out the EXACT determination is by contacting the Social Security Administrations office directly.

Given what you have explained, it is very much worth your time to contact the SSA office directly for a determination of the exact amount you would be eligible for.

You have three ways to Contact the SSA offices

1. Logging into your personal account at www.socialsecurity.gov/myaccount

2. By phone - Call us at 1-***-***-****

3. Visit your local social Security office.

You could be eligible to receive up to 50% or higher. It is very much worth your time to call and discuss your exact situation with a Social Security Administration representative.

I hope this answered your question. My goal is to ensure you have received the answer to your question and have no further questions.

If you do have further questions or if my answer was incomplete please let me know.

Please take a moment to rate my service. Rating my service cost you nothing, but tells JustAnswer to credit me for assisting you.

You can rate my service by using the stars, or faces on your screen and clicking submit.

I hope you feel that I provided you with 5 Star services and I look forward to working with you in the future.

Regards,

Chad CFP ® professional