Lane
Lane, JD,CFP, MBA, CRPS
Experience:  Law Degree, specialization in Tax Law and Corporate Law, CFP and MBA, Providing Financial, Social Security & Tax advice since 1986
1929974

I need to change my address. I am moving to Nevada on

Customer Question

I need to change my address.
JA: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: I am moving to Nevada on 05-12/13-2017. I need to change my address.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Retirement Accountant should know?
Customer: I will notify S.S.of new bank information .
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Lane replied 5 months ago.

Hi - My name's Lane.

...

Please understand that you are not talking to Social Security here. This is JustAnswer.com ... a website that puts highly credentialed experts together with people who have questions about everything from Social Security to tax to finance, generally.

...

I CAN, however, tell you exactly what your options are for getting the address changed.

...

Social Security knows that people like to get things done on line This is why they created "MY SOCIAL SECURITY" an online account that allows you to get copies of your award letter/benefit verification letter, 1099-SSA, see your earnings record, etc.

...

You can go there, log in (or set up your account AND log in if you've never used it) and make your address change immediately.

...

Here's the site for that: click here for MY SOCIAL SECURITY

...

If you'd rather not use your online account, you have two other options:

...

By calling 1-***-***-****, you can speak to a Social Security representative between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m. Monday through Friday. Generally, you’ll have a shorter wait time if you call during the week after Tuesday.

...

OR

...

You can get one by going to your closest Social Security Office. (Although you might want to call the number above first to make an appointment).

...

Click here for a Social Security Office locator, where you can enter a zip code to find the closest office.

...

Those are your three options.

Expert:  Lane replied 5 months ago.

Please let me know if you have ANY questions at all, before rating me.

I hope you’ll rate me (using those stars, or faces on your screen, by clicking submit) based on thoroughness and accuracy, rather than any good news / bad news content.

Otherwise I’ll receive no compensation for the time & expertise here at all, from JustAnswer.

Thank you!

Lane

..

I hold a law degree, with concentration in Tax Law, Estate law & Corporate law, an MBA in finance, a BBA, and CFP & CRPS (Chartered Retirement Plans Specialist) designations, as well - I’ve been providing financial, Social Security/Medicare, estate, corporate, non-profit, and tax advice to clients on three continents since 1986