Matthew Breecher
Matthew Breecher, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Experience:  Director
37297873

HOW MUCH A CARE GIVER GET TO HELP WITH A DISABLE PERSON, MY

Customer Question

HOW MUCH A CARE GIVER GET TO HELP WITH A DISABLE PERSON
JA: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: MY HUSBAND IS GETTING SOCIAL SECURITY AND I AM GETTING DISABILTY AND I WAS JUST WONDERING IF CAN GET MY SISTER TO HELP ME OUT AND HOW MUCH WOULD SHE GET PAYED
JA: I'm not sure of the exact price, but there's only a $5 deposit. The rest of the price information will be on the page I send you to.
Customer: SHE DRAWS SOCIALSECURITY TO
JA: These retirement benefits are supposed to help us but they can be so complicated! The Retirement Expert will help you get the most benefits propertly. Is there anything else the Retirement Accountant should be aware of?
Customer: IS THERE ANYTHING SHE NEEDS TO DO TO HELP ME OUT
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Matthew Breecher replied 4 months ago.

Hello, I would like to assist you with your question. Can you please clarify your question. It appears you are asking if you can pay your sister to help, is that correct? I ask because Social Security does not pay caregivers directly.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I AM ASKING IF SOCAIL SECURITY WILL PAY HER TO HELP HIM OUT
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
THAT IS OK I DONT HAVE MONEY FOR THIS

No, Social Security does not pay for caregivers. If you qualify, the State (as part of Medicaid) might cover assisted living. Generally, this means less than $2,000 in assets, less than $2,100/month +/-, and a medical determination that assisted living is needed.

I hope I answered your question with sufficient detail, accuracy, and completeness based on the facts communicated. I would be happy to expand my answer should you need clarification; before you rate my answer. Accordingly, please rate my answer, based on thoroughness and accuracy, rather than any good or bad news/content. We (the experts) are only compensated when an answer is accepted and rated. I appreciate your prompt response. Sincerely, ***** ***** Breecher, CPA.