LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I have 30 years of legal and litigation experience, including representing clients before the U.S. Social Security Administration.
15277592

I recieved a "Direct Express mastercard in the mail how do i

Customer Question

I recieved a "Direct Express mastercard in the mail how do i cancel the card?
JA: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: Right now my beniftis are pay directly into my checking account. this card will take my deposit into their account I want to contiune using my checking account
JA: These retirement benefits are supposed to help us but they can be so complicated! The Retirement Expert will help you get the most benefits propertly. Is there anything else the Retirement Accountant should be aware of?
Customer: i did not request this card
Category: Social Security
Expert:  LawTalk replied 4 months ago.

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

If you did not apply for the Direct Express, and you did not direct social security to start depositing your benefit payments to any card, then the card you received is just an offer to join and you may simply cut the card up and throw it away.

Only if you ask social security to make payments to a Direct Express card will they do so.

You are free to destroy the card and your benefits will continue to be deposited to your bank account as always,

You may reply back to me again if you have additional questions, and I will continue to assist you.

I am not an employee of this site and I am only paid for helping you when you rate my service to you. Please remember to rate my service to you by clicking on the rating stars on your screen (preferably 5-Stars) so that I can be compensated for helping you. Thank you in advance.

I wish you and yours well in 2017,

Doug

Expert:  LawTalk replied 4 months ago.

Good afternoon,

Is there anything else I can assist you with today? It is possible that your questions and issues might be better served by an in-depth conversation with me. If you are interested, for a very nominal charge I can offer you a private phone conference.

Please know that I answered your question in good faith, providing you with the information that you asked for, and I did that with the expectation that you would act likewise and rate my service to you. If I have already provided you with the information you asked for and you have no additional questions, would you please now rate my service to you by clicking on the rating stars so that I can be compensated for assisting you? Rating me costs you nothing as you have already paid the deposit for my help. All rating does is ensure that I am paid for my time in working with you.

Thanks in advance for your rating of my service. It is greatly appreciated.

I wish you the best in 2017,

Doug