dylatess
dylatess, ATTORNEY
Experience:  37 plus years of SSD practice
29685164

I have been on survivors benefits since 2014, I took early

Customer Question

Good Morning. I have been on survivors benefits since 2014, I took early retirement, this year I am 66 and i know that is full retirement for me. Would it be better to stay on survivors or use mine, I am also returning to work a very low paying job but need the extra income to pay increasing rent etc.
JA: These retirement benefits are supposed to help us but they can be so complicated! The Retirement Expert will help you get the most benefits propertly. Is there anything else the Retirement Accountant should be aware of?
Customer: I have not been taking taxes out of my benefits, since I will be working would that be a good idea, since I will file income tax.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  LawTalk replied 4 months ago.

Good morning,

I'm Doug, and my goal is to provide you with excellent service today. In order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.

1. How much are you presently receiving through your survivor benefit?

2. How much is your full retirement age social security benefit?

3. Are you financially strapped at this time or do you have enough money to live?

Doug