keeperumiami
keeperumiami, Senior Tax Expert & Financial Planner
Experience:  Sr Tax Expert/Financial PlannerCPA/PFS (retired)Over forty years of advising individuals & small businesses
30050794

Of award letter, I am applying for a loan to purchase a new

Customer Question

of award letter
JA: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: I am applying for a loan to purchase a new home
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Retirement Accountant should know?
Customer: how long I have been receiving and also the small annunuty
Category: Social Security
Expert:  keeperumiami replied 4 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** goal is to give you a complete & accurate answer. I am working on your request now & I will respond as soon as possible.

You can obtain a confirmation of your Social Security benefits/Awards letter online at ssa.gov. The official documentation in the form of a letter can be generated yourself by setting up a "My Social Security" account online. Once you do that, you will see what documents are available. The way the process works is that you can pick which items you want included in the letter and actually print it out. That is the fastest way to obtain what you need. This is the procedure that the SSA recommends. Here's a link to where you can begin that process:

https://www.ssa.gov/myaccount/

The other alternative is to call the SSA at(###) ###-####and make the request. While that is also a way to obtain what you need, it can be very time consuming as there is usually a long holding period. So, if you go this route, I suggest that you see if your local SSA office publishes a phone number (some do; some don't) Here's where you can go to make that determination:

https://secure.ssa.gov/ICON/main.jsp

Please remember to rate my response.

Thanks very much,