How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LawTalk Your Own Question
LawTalk, Attorney
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 37394
Experience:  I have 30 years of legal and litigation experience, including representing clients before the U.S. Social Security Administration.
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
LawTalk is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My mother passed away and I am the Trustee for her Trust. I

Customer Question

My mother passed away and I am the Trustee for her Trust. I am finishing her 2016 taxes (she died on July 7), and my CPA needs the gross amount of Social Security she earned in 2016 Her name is***** and her SSN is###-##-#### My name is ***** *****.
JA: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Is there anything else important you think the Retirement Accountant should know?
Customer: I cannot think of anything else. Will the Retirement Accountant be able to respond to this e-mail?
Submitted: 2 months ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  LawTalk replied 2 months ago.

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and my goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

I'd like to make you aware that you are not communicating with the social security administration, but to JustAnswer, a pay-for-service question and answer site (you have offered $32 for a resolution of your situation). I can help you but have no ability to directly access social security's confidential information they have for you.

I can however assist you in understanding how to get what you need from social security, often online and you can have the document that you need within about 15 minutes.

Would you still like my assistance?


Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No thanks. I will contact the SSA. ***** *****
Expert:  LawTalk replied 2 months ago.

FYI Social security no longer allows people to order a replacement SSA-1099 for a deceased person over the internet.

As of 2015, if you are a spouse or child of a deceased person you may obtain are placement SSA-1099 by either calling social security or by going to the local social security field office and requesting a copy. You can call the Social Security Office toll-free at 1-***-***-****.

Only surviving spouses and children may receive the replacement. All other people with the need for such a document must show an order from a court granting them the right to request the document because the court has appointed them as the representative of the estate.

You may reply back to me again if you have additional questions, and I will continue to assist you.

I am not an employee of this site and I am only paid for helping you when you rate my service to you. Please remember to rate my service to you by clicking on the rating stars on your screen (preferably 5-Stars) so that I can be compensated for helping you. Thank you in advance.

I wish you and yours well in 2017,


Expert:  LawTalk replied 2 months ago.

Good afternoon,

Is there anything else I can assist you with today? It is possible that your questions and issues might be better served by an in-depth conversation with me. If you are interested, for a very nominal charge I can offer you a private phone conference.

Please know that I answered your question in good faith, providing you with the information that you asked for, and I did that with the expectation that you would act likewise and rate my service to you. If I have already provided you with the information you asked for and you have no additional questions, would you please now rate my service to you by clicking on the rating stars so that I can be compensated for assisting you? Rating me costs you nothing as you have already paid the deposit for my help. All rating does is ensure that I am paid for my time in working with you.

Thanks in advance for your rating of my service. It is greatly appreciated.

I wish you the best in 2017,