Stephanie O Joy, Esq
Stephanie O Joy, Esq, Soc. Sec. Attorney
Experience:  22+ years legal exp. - 12+ years owning/operating her own SSD Law practice.
10805288

My husband and I did not receive or have lost our SSA-1099

Customer Question

My husband and I did not receive or have lost our SSA-1099 that's needed to file our income taxl
JA: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: My name is ***** ***** Filia###-##-####- my husband, ***** ***** Filia###-##-####- And you send me a copy?
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Retirement Accountant should know?
Customer: No - I just need a replacement of our SSA 1099. Thanks
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Stephanie O Joy, Esq replied 5 months ago.

Hi, my name is***** have been practicing SS LAW full time for 10+ years and look forward to assisting you.

No we are not permitted to send you a copy, but we can direct you on how to access yours yourself

You can go now go to http://ssa.gov/myaccount

From there you create a passworded account for yourself with the SSA. You then login (remember your login details) and order which ever of the several documents you wish to download or order. In your case, you are going to look for the 2015 1099 link, and from there you can get it.

There are other helpful documents, including annual SS earnings statement, benefits verification, etc. You can change your banking info, your address, etc., should the need arise.

I hope this helps! My goal is to provide you with excellent and accurate service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.

Kindly rate me with 5 stars when you are done. It costs nothing extra but tells company to give me credit for my assistance to you today. I look forward to assisting you in the future, should you have legal questions. Be sure to start future posts with "To ***** Esq., ONLY" if you want me to specifically answer it.

Sincerely, ***** ***** Joy, Esq.

Your online SS legal resource!