dylatess
dylatess, ATTORNEY
Experience:  37 plus years of SSD practice
29685164

I have lived in Canada since 1961, I was at one time married

Customer Question

I have lived in Canada since 1961, I was at one time married to an American who has since died. I have become a Canadian citizen since 1967 although I still have American status according to the Social Security office in Longview, Texas. I was born in Arkansas and raised in New Mexico. My question is this: Am I entitled to received the Social Security Benefits.
JA: These retirement benefits are supposed to help us but they can be so complicated! The Retirement Expert will help you get the most benefits propertly. Is there anything else important you think the Retirement Accountant should know?
Customer: I can tell you my social insurance number if I can find it. My legal name at the time I was born is Iona Colleen Moore.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Stephanie O Joy, Esq replied 2 months ago.

Hi, my name is***** have been practicing SS LAW full time for 10+ years and look forward to assisting you.

How long were you married to the American?

Did you yourself work in USA and pay USA SS taxes?