How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Barbara Your Own Question
Barbara, Enrolled Agent
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 3822
Experience:  20+ years of experience in tax preparation; 30+ years of experience as a real estate/corporate paralegal.
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
Barbara is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I receive Social Security and I pay full price for my muscle

Customer Question

I receive Social Security and I pay full price for my muscle relaxers now its been about a year. My other medications I pay a low fee for also. I understand I don't have to file taxes but can i claim my medications and file taxes on those? Just recently the price started going down for my out of pocket ones from $86 to like $24. It has really put a hardship on my and was hoping I could get a little monetary relief?
Submitted: 6 months ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Barbara replied 6 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

Unfortunately, if you are not required to file a tax return, you cannot claim a deduction for medications you pay for.

Please let me know if I can assist you further.

Thank you and best regards,


Expert:  Barbara replied 6 months ago.

Just following up with you to see if you have any other questions. If so, please let me know so I can further assist you.

Thank you.