Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent
Experience:  18+ years of experience in tax preparation; 25+ years of experience as a real estate/corporate paralegal.
71603090

I receive Social Security and I pay full price for my muscle

Customer Question

I receive Social Security and I pay full price for my muscle relaxers now its been about a year. My other medications I pay a low fee for also. I understand I don't have to file taxes but can i claim my medications and file taxes on those? Just recently the price started going down for my out of pocket ones from $86 to like $24. It has really put a hardship on my and was hoping I could get a little monetary relief?
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Barbara replied 2 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

Unfortunately, if you are not required to file a tax return, you cannot claim a deduction for medications you pay for.

Please let me know if I can assist you further.

Thank you and best regards,

Barb

Expert:  Barbara replied 2 months ago.

Just following up with you to see if you have any other questions. If so, please let me know so I can further assist you.

Thank you.