LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I have 30 years of legal and litigation experience, including representing clients before the U.S. Social Security Administration.
15277592

One online? I can't find my W2 from you. Can I print another

Customer Question

one online?
JA: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: I can't find my W2 from you. Can I print another one online?
JA: Is there anything else the Retirement Accountant should be aware of?
Customer: no
Category: Social Security
Expert:  LawTalk replied 6 months ago.

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

I presume that you referring to the Form SSA-1099, which is necessary to do your taxes. If so, and you have not received it yet, it may have been lost in the mail.

If you currently live in the United States Social Security has a new way for you to get an instant replacement documents---such as your SSA-1099 tax form----and do things like change your address or bank account information quickly and easily:
1. Using your online “my Social Security” account. If you don’t already have an account, you can create one online. You can open your own social security online account and get a replacement SSA-1099, see your earnings statement, put in a change of address, see your estimated retirement benefit and much more, in about 15 minutes through this site: http://www.ssa.gov/myaccount/ Once you are logged in to your account, select the "Replacement Documents" tab. Then simply click on the link to your SSA-1099.

2. Or, you can call Social Security at 1-***-***-**** (TTY 1-***-***-****), Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. and request a replacement document.

3. Finally, if you prefer face to face transactions, you may contact your local Social Security office and they will process the request for you.

If you need this information immediately, and cannot wait a week to receive it, or you are unable to get it from the internet as described above, the only way that you can get it more quickly is to go to your local social security office and they can print out a copy of the benefits paid to you last year.

If you order the information today from SSA, and if you don't receive it in time to file your taxes by the 15th, there is not a big worry. You can simply file an Automatic Extension with the IRS and you can then file the return at your leisure up to October 15th of this year. Here is the Automatic Extension form that you can mail to the IRS if you need to:

https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f4868.pdf

You may reply back to me again if you have additional questions, and I will continue to assist you.

I am not an employee of this site and I am only paid for helping you when you rate my service to you. Please remember to rate my service to you by clicking on the rating stars on your screen (preferably 5-Stars) so that I can be compensated for helping you. Thank you in advance.

I wish you and yours well in 2017,

Doug