Social Security

Ask Social Security Questions and Get Answers ASAP

Social Security

I need my statement for S.S. Benefits for last year to do my

Customer Question
Income Tax. Can you...
I need my statement for S.S. Benefits for last year to do my Income Tax. Can you Help me?
JA: These retirement benefits are supposed to help us but they can be so complicated! The Retirement Expert will help you get the most benefits propertly. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: I lost my statement of the amount of S>S> that I received last year and must do my income tax for 2016. Can you EMail me a Statement?
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Retirement Accountant should know?
Customer: No, not at this time.
Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Social Security
4/17/2017
Social Security Expert: LawTalk, Attorney replied 9 months ago
LawTalk, Attorney

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and my goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

I'd like to make you aware that you are not communicating with the social security administration, but to JustAnswer, a pay-for-service question and answer site (you have offered $32 for a resolution of your situation). I can help you but have no ability to directly access social security's confidential information they have for you. I can however assist you in understanding how to get what you need from social security, often online and within about 15 minutes.

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

I presume that you referring to the Form SSA-1099, which is necessary to do your taxes. If so, and you have not received it yet, it may have been lost in the mail.

If you currently live in the United States Social Security has a new way for you to get an instant replacement documents---such as your SSA-1099 tax form----and do things like change your address or bank account information quickly and easily:
1. Using your online “my Social Security” account. If you don’t already have an account, you can create one online. You can open your own social security online account and get a replacement SSA-1099, see your earnings statement, put in a change of address, see your estimated retirement benefit and much more, in about 15 minutes through this site: http://www.ssa.gov/myaccount/ Once you are logged in to your account, select the "Replacement Documents" tab. Then simply click on the link to your SSA-1099.

2. Or, you can call Social Security at 1-***-***-**** (TTY 1-***-***-****), Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. and request a replacement document.

3. Finally, if you prefer face to face transactions, you may contact your local Social Security office and they will process the request for you.

If you need this information immediately, and cannot wait a week to receive it, or you are unable to get it from the internet as described above, the only way that you can get it more quickly is to go to your local social security office and they can print out a copy of the benefits paid to you last year.

If you order the information today from SSA, and if you don't receive it in time to file your taxes by the 15th, there is not a big worry. You can simply file an Automatic Extension with the IRS and you can then file the return at your leisure up to October 15th of this year. Here is the Automatic Extension form that you can mail to the IRS if you need to:

https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f4868.pdf

You may reply back to me again if you have additional questions, and I will continue to assist you.

I am not an employee of this site and I am only paid for helping you when you rate my service to you. Please remember to rate my service to you by clicking on the rating stars on your screen (preferably 5-Stars) so that I can be compensated for helping you. Thank you in advance.

I wish you and yours well in 2017,

Doug

Good afternoon,

Is there anything else I can assist you with today? It is possible that your questions and issues might be better served by an in-depth conversation with me. If you are interested, for a very nominal charge I can offer you a private phone conference.

Please know that I answered your question in good faith, providing you with the information that you asked for, and I did that with the expectation that you would act likewise and rate my service to you. If I have already provided you with the information you asked for and you have no additional questions, would you please now rate my service to you by clicking on the rating stars so that I can be compensated for assisting you? Rating me costs you nothing as you have already paid the deposit for my help. All rating does is ensure that I am paid for my time in working with you.

Thanks in advance for your rating of my service. It is greatly appreciated.

I wish you the best in 2017,

Doug

LawTalk, Attorney