Social Security

Ask social security questions and get answers ASAP

I need to get my ex wife ss number so i can claim all the…

Customer Question
I need to get...

I need to get my ex wife ss number so i can claim all the alimony i am paying on my taxes and she refuses to give it to me, how can i get it

Accountant's Assistant: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

I pay 1000 per month out of my pay check each month, when trying to claim this on my taxes it asks for her ss number and name, because it it income for her, she wont give me the number because she doesn't want to claim the income

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Social Security
3/21/2017
Social Security Expert: Stephanie O Joy, Esq, Soc. Sec. Attorney replied 1 year ago
Stephanie O Joy, Esq
Stephanie O Joy, Esq, Soc. Sec. Attorney

Hi, my name is***** have been practicing SS LAW full time for 10+ years and look forward to assisting you.

Did you file joint returns during the marriage?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
but when we got divorced she took all old returns and records, i have no access to them
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I tried the irs to get old copies of returns but it asks for her ss number so that wont help
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
hello?