Social Security

Ask social security questions and get answers ASAP

Need to know Medicare Part Premiums and0 Medicare

Customer Question
Need to know Medicare...

Need to know Medicare Part B Premiums and0 Medicare Prescription Drug Premiums (Part D) deducted from my account, for tax purposes.

Accountant's Assistant: These retirement benefits are supposed to help us but they can be so complicated! The Retirement Expert will help you get the most benefits propertly. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

Need these two items for my 2016 tax return.

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Retirement Accountant should know?

Not that I know of.

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Social Security
3/21/2017
Social Security Expert: lev-tax, Tax Advisor replied 1 year ago
lev-tax
lev-tax, Tax Advisor

You will need to report social security benefits before any deductions.

But separately - you may deduct both Medicare Part B Premiums and Medicare Prescription Drug Premiums (Part D) as medical expenses.

Let me know if you need help with reporting.