Christopher B, Esq.
Christopher B, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  associate attorney
84496330

How can I receive mine and my wifes' total for the 2016

Customer Question

How can I receive mine and my wifes' total for the 2016 year. I either didn't receive it or have lost it.
JA: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: I need a copy of my 2016 social security benefits.
JA: These retirement benefits are supposed to help us but they can be so complicated! The Retirement Expert will help you get the most benefits propertly. Is there anything else important you think the Retirement Accountant should know?
Customer: How soon can I expect a copy so I will be able to get that info to my tax accountant?
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Christopher B, Esq. replied 5 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today. Thank you for your question and for using justanswer.com. Give me a bit and I will draft you an answer.

This form is called an SSA-1099 and it was supposed to come in the mail by the end of last month. You might need to check to see if SSA has your correct address on file seeing as you did not receive the document. If you need a replacement form SSA-1099, SSA has a way for you to get an instant replacement quickly and easily beginning February 1st by (for 2016):

(1) Using your online my Social Security account. If you don’t already have an account, you can create one online. Go to Sign In or Create an Account. Once you are logged in to your account, select the "Replacement Documents" tab;

(2) Calling SSA at 1-***-***-**** (TTY 1-***-***-****), Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.; or

(3) Contacting your local Social Security office.

Your wife will have to do this separately.

Please let me know if you have any further questions and please positively rate my answer if you are satisfied. This will cost you nothing extra and will ensure that I will be compensated by the site for my time with you. Feel free to ask any follow up questions if you feel your questions has not been fully answered. See link on how to rate: http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl