dylatess
dylatess, ATTORNEY
Experience:  37 plus years of SSD practice
29685164

I am currently collecting Social Security. I am years of

Customer Question

Hello, My name is***** and I am currently collecting Social Security. I am 69 years of age. My question is this. My husband is going to be 58 and can he collect Social Security as my spouse? If not, at what age can he collect Social Security as my spouse?
JA: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Is there anything else the Retirement Accountant should be aware of?
Customer: No
Category: Social Security
Expert:  emc011075 replied 6 months ago.

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you.

The earliest your spouse can apply for spousal benefits it 62. But if he applied before his full retirement age he will automatically receive the highest benefits available to him, his own or spousal and also his benefits will be permanently reduced. It means that at 62 his spousal benefits will be about 30% of your benefits and about 70% of his own.

I see you read my respond. Do you have any questions? Is there anything else I can help you with today?