How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Christopher B, Esq. Your Own Question
Christopher B, Esq.
Christopher B, Esq., Attorney
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 2982
Experience:  associate attorney
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
Christopher B, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have been trying to change the account where my social

Customer Question

I have been trying to change the account where my social security is deposited. Now I have not gotten my social security because I can't get this done. My name is***** My ss####-##-####and my phone number is(###) ###-#### Please call me and tell me how to get this done and how to get my social security from last month.
JA: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Is there anything else the Retirement Accountant should be aware of?
Customer: I have moved from California to Texas. I have a new address and a new bank account and every time I try to get a professional to help me no one will talk to them. Please please have someone call me.
Submitted: 6 months ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Christopher B, Esq. replied 6 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today. Thank you for your question and for using Give me a bit and I will draft you an answer.

Expert:  Christopher B, Esq. replied 6 months ago.

You can change or sign up for your direct deposit by:

(1) Setting up a my Social Security account and starting or changing your direct deposit online (Social Security benefits only);

(2) Contacting your bank, credit union or savings and loan association; or

(3) Calling Social Security at 1-***-***-**** (TTY 1-***-***-****).

From SSA: "You can start, view, and change your direct deposit information of record via the My Profile Tab on my Social Security. In addition, you can decide when your change will take effect." See link:

Please let me know if you have any further questions and please positively rate my answer if you are satisfied. This will cost you nothing extra and will ensure that I will be compensated by the site for my time with you. Feel free to ask any follow up questions if you feel your questions has not been fully answered. See link on how to rate:

Expert:  Christopher B, Esq. replied 6 months ago.

I closed your duplicate request so you would not be charged twice. Setting up a "my social security" account is the easiest and fastest way to do this. Please let me know if you have any more questions. Just FYI, I cannot change this for you, you must call SSA over the phone or change it yourself online (easiest). You can change both your direct deposit and address through the "my social security account"

Expert:  Christopher B, Esq. replied 6 months ago.

Just checking back in, do you have any further questions?