How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Christopher B, Esq. Your Own Question
Christopher B, Esq.
Christopher B, Esq., Attorney
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 2983
Experience:  associate attorney
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
Christopher B, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I need a copy of my social security card. I need it for

Customer Question

I need a copy of my social security card. I need it for proof to get a ID in Hawaii. I haven't seen my original card in years. How do I go about getting a copy?
JA: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Is there anything else the Retirement Accountant should be aware of?
Customer: No.
Submitted: 8 months ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Christopher B, Esq. replied 8 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today. Thank you for your question and for using Give me a bit and I will draft you an answer.

Expert:  Christopher B, Esq. replied 8 months ago.

You can get an original Social Security card or a replacement card if yours is lost or stolen. There is no charge for a Social Security card. This service is free.

You can use a my Social Security account to request a replacement Social Security card online if you:

(1) Are a U.S. citizen age 18 years or older with a U.S. mailing address;

(2) Are not requesting a name change or any other change to your card; and

(3) Have a valid driver's license or a state-issued identification card from one of the states listed. (Hawaii is not one and I assume you do not have an ID - see below)

If you cannot apply for a card online, you will need to show the required documents. SSA needs to see different documents depending on your citizenship and the type of card you are requesting. See link for documents (a replacement card only needs 1 form of ID instead of 2 for an original):

You then need to print off this application and fill it out and provide to the SSA rep.:

Please let me know if you have any further questions and please positively rate my answer if you are satisfied. This will cost you nothing extra and will ensure that I will be compensated by the site for my time with you. Feel free to ask any follow up questions if you feel your questions has not been fully answered. See link on how to rate:

Expert:  Christopher B, Esq. replied 8 months ago.

Just checking back in, do you have any further questions?