Lane
Lane, JD,CFP, MBA, CRPS
Experience:  Law Degree, specialization in Tax Law and Corporate Law, CFP and MBA, Providing Financial, Social Security & Tax advice since 1986
1929974

Is there a way to verify accurate information has been

Customer Question

Is there a way to verify accurate information has been provided to the social security office pertaining to my daughter? I pay a significant amount in child support but somehow my daughter still qualifies for SSI and Medicaid...
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Lane replied 9 months ago.

...

Under current law, the Social Security Administration (SSA) excludes one-third of child support payments received in a month on behalf of a child on Supplemental Security Income (SSI) from countable income in determining the SSI payment.

...

You could certainly call and report the child support if being sure the other 2/3 is counted is your objective

...

But they won't give you any private info on the beneficiary (especially given the privacy act and the increased protections these days)

...

By calling 1-***-***-****, you can speak to a Social Security representative between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m. Monday through Friday. Generally, you’ll have a shorter wait time if you call during the week after Tuesday.

...

Please let me know if you have ANY questions at all, before rating me

But if this has helped, and you don’t have other questions, I would appreciate a positive rating (using those stars on your screen – and clicking submit)

That’s the only way JustAnswer will compensate me for the work here.

Thanks,

Lane

I hold a law degree, with concentration in Tax Law, Estate law & Corporate law, an MBA, with specialization in finance, a BBA, and CFP & CRPS designations, as well - I’ve been providing financial, Social Security/Medicare, estate, corporate, non-profit, and tax advice, since 1986.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
They won't give me information on my daughter? She is the beneficiary but I assume she qualifys for benefits bc of me ex's income.
Expert:  Lane replied 9 months ago.

Or the lack thereof, that's right.