How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Christopher B, Esq. Your Own Question
Christopher B, Esq.
Christopher B, Esq., Attorney
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 2983
Experience:  associate attorney
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
Christopher B, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I would like to have my SS payment deposited in my checking

Customer Question

I would like to have my SS payment deposited in my checking account instead of my savings.
JA: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: My name is***** and my SS# *****###-##-####
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Retirement Accountant should know?
Customer: Bank Routing # is###-##-####and account # is###-##-####
Submitted: 8 months ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Christopher B, Esq. replied 8 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today. Thank you for your question and for using Give me a bit and I will get you an answer drafted.

Expert:  Christopher B, Esq. replied 8 months ago.

You can change or sign up for your direct deposit by:

(1) Setting up a my Social Security account and starting or changing your direct deposit online (Social Security benefits only);

(2) Calling Social Security at 1-***-***-**** (TTY 1-***-***-****).

It is easiest if you do it online using the "my social security account". You can start, view, and change your direct deposit information of record via the My Profile Tab on "my Social Security". In addition, you can decide when your change will take effect. See link:

Please let me know if you have any further questions and please positively rate my answer if you are satisfied. This will cost you nothing extra and will ensure that I will be compensated by the site for my time with you. Feel free to ask any follow up questions if you feel your questions has not been fully answered. See link on how to rate:

Expert:  Christopher B, Esq. replied 8 months ago.

Just checking back in, do you have any further questions?