How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Christopher B, Esq. Your Own Question
Christopher B, Esq.
Christopher B, Esq., Attorney
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 2983
Experience:  associate attorney
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
Christopher B, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have been sent a Medicare card with my husband's social

Customer Question

I have been sent a Medicare card with my husband's social security number; but, I have been using my own SS#. I just realized the mistake and I have been using the new one with his number. I wish to obtain my own medicare card with my SS # but, can't sing into to obtain a replacement
JA: These retirement benefits are supposed to help us but they can be so complicated! The Retirement Expert will help you get the most benefits propertly. Is there anything else important you think the Retirement Accountant should know?
Customer: I became a widow in 2012 and, at that time I was using my own Medicare part A card with my own SS#. I apparently received an updated card within the last year and never paid attention to the SS# ***** realize it was my husband's. I simply want a new card with my own SS# ***** it so there is not confusion with Physician's etc.
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Christopher B, Esq. replied 9 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today. Thank you for your question and for using

You can order a replacement card easily with a "my social security" account. See link: . If you can’t use the online request to get a replacement Medicare card, or if you prefer, call Social Security’s toll-free number, 1-***-***-**** (TTY 1-***-***-****). You can also visit your nearest SSA office ( I would try to speak to someone (the 800 number normally has huge wait times) to make sure the same mistake does not happen. Also know that SSA is eliminating SS# ***** the cards for identity theft reasons.

Please let me know if you have any further questions and please positively rate my answer if you are satisfied. This will cost you nothing extra and will ensure that I will be compensated by the site for my time with you. Feel free to ask any follow up questions if you feel your questions has not been fully answered. See link on how to rate: