How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Arthur Rubin Your Own Question
Arthur Rubin
Arthur Rubin, Tax Preparer
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 1561
Experience:  Over 20 years experience in tax preparation, including some multi-national Social Security applications.
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
Arthur Rubin is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Im 43 Paid into SS for 23years im moving to COsta RIca can I

Customer Question

Im 43 Paid into SS for 23years im moving to COsta RIca can I get a one time payment?
JA: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: Im 43years old. IM retiring and moving to Costa Rica. Can I get a one time payment from the government? BTW im a US citizen
JA: Is there anything else the Retirement Accountant should be aware of?
Customer: That's it
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Arthur Rubin replied 9 months ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer.

The answer is no. You can still apply for Social Security when you reach age 62, if you have 40 quarters of coverage, but there is no basis for a payment until then.