How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Phillips Esq. Your Own Question
Phillips Esq.
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 19017
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
Phillips Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My husband was placed in alonf tern care facility as he has

Customer Question

My husband was placed in alonf tern care facility as he has dementia. I am 87 years old with numerous health issues including Congestive Heart failure. I am told the facility where husband is wi;; take his S.S. causeing a hardship for me, is there anything I can do?
JA: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Is there anything else important you think the Retirement Accountant should know?
Customer: maybe I need to speak to a lawyer, however cannot afford to retain one, anybody in the S.S. office qualified or can they helpme?
Submitted: 5 months ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 5 months ago.

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 5 months ago.

I am sorry to read about your difficulties.

Generally, if your husband is no longer going to reside in the house, his Social Security benefits would be used for his stay at the long -term facility. However, there are instances where part of his benefits would still be used to pay for household expenses such as mortgage on the marital home. You would need to go to local office of Social Security Administration so that a Claim Specialist can review your case to see how you could be assisted.

Best wishes,