Social Security

Ask Social Security Questions and Get Answers ASAP

Social Security

My bank started a new account and I need to put my SS check

Customer Question
my bank started a new...

my bank started a new account and I need to put my SS check back to my old account Charles *********** new account for check to go into ****************** pnc bank JA: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best. Customer: what do you need what account number is ***** account going into Charles ****************** *********** last 4 **** and **** want the check in **** JA: Is there anything else the Retirement Accountant should be aware of? Customer: no

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Social Security
1/6/2017
Social Security Expert: Christopher B, Esq., Attorney replied 1 year ago
Christopher B, Esq.

My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today. Thank you for your question and for using justanswer.com. Give me a bit and I will draft you an answer.

You can change or sign up for your direct deposit by:

(1) Setting up a my Social Security account and starting or changing your direct deposit online (Social Security benefits only);

(2) Calling Social Security at 1-***-***-**** (TTY 1-***-***-****).

It is easiest if you do it online using the "my social security account". You can start, view, and change your direct deposit information of record via the My Profile Tab on "my Social Security". In addition, you can decide when your change will take effect. See link: http://www.ssa.gov/myaccount/

Please let me know if you have any further questions and please positively rate my answer if you are satisfied. This will cost you nothing extra and will ensure that I will be compensated by the site for my time with you. Feel free to ask any follow up questions if you feel your questions has not been fully answered. See link on how to rate: http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl

Was that the answer you were looking for? If so, please positively rate my answer as it is the only way I will be compensated for my time working with you by the site. There should be smiley faces or numbers from 1-5 located next to my answer. This extra step would be greatly appreciated. See link on how to rate: http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl

Thank you in advance.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
did not get an answer to my question.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
please answer my original question please

I'm not sure what you are asking. If you want the money back in the other account. You can simply call the bank and transfer it. I gave you information to change your account information with SSA so the check will go in the correct account. I do not work for Social Security administration or the bank so I am not sure what you are asking of me. So if the SS check was put into the wrong account simply call up your bank and tell them to transfer it to the correct account. If there is another question you are asking, please let me know.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago

I was told by the Bank to make sure my husband Charles ********* SS Check is going to this account ************. PNC Bank. ss# **********. told me only Social Security can do this.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago

I was told by the Bank to make sure my husband Charles ********** SS Check is going to this account **************. PNC Bank. ss# **************. told me only Social Security can do this.

Do you understand this is not the social security site? This is justanswer.com. I gave you information on how to do this. What phone number to call, a link to go to your nearest SS branch and a way to change it online. You have 3 ways to accomplish this. I cannot change this for you as I do not work for SSA, just like the person told you from the bank. You need to reread my original answer and change the information with the directions I have given. Does that make sense?

Just checking back in, do you have any further questions?

Christopher B, Esq.
Christopher B, Esq.
Christopher B, Esq., Attorney