How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask dylatess Your Own Question
dylatess, ATTORNEY
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 3441
Experience:  37 plus years of SSD practice
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
dylatess is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I had my social security deducted last year because of

Customer Question

I had my social security deducted last year because of earning too much the year before. I have heard that once you turn 66 or he full retirment age, that social security will pay you back the amount deducted.
JA: When we are ready I'll take you to the appropriate web page.
Customer: ok
JA: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Is there anything else the Retirement Accountant should be aware of?
Customer: no, I just want to find out how to request that money be paid
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  emc011075 replied 9 months ago.

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you.

If your social security benefits were reduced or eliminated because of your earnings you will get a credit for the reduced amount once you reach your full retirement age. But it is not a lump sum payment. You will get it back over time in form of increased benefits amount. Once you reach your full retirement age you will receive a letter from social security about your increased benefits amount.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
is some one working to answer my question?
Expert:  emc011075 replied 9 months ago.

Any questions?