How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Christopher B, Esq. Your Own Question
Christopher B, Esq.
Christopher B, Esq., Attorney
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 2982
Experience:  associate attorney
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
Christopher B, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I need to obtain my last years earnings. I need to provide

Customer Question

I need to obtain my last years earnings. I need to provide to VA. I believe is it was in 2005. I have no recollection of date. I only remember the name of the company. Can you provide with me with my earnings?
JA: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Is there anything else the Retirement Accountant should be aware of?
Customer: No, I don't think so.
Submitted: 6 months ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Christopher B, Esq. replied 6 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today. Thank you for your question and for using Give me a bit and I will draft you an answer.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Should I wait on this screen for an answer? Also did you receive my name and SS number & DOB?
Expert:  Christopher B, Esq. replied 6 months ago.

Yes, I am almost done drafting your answer. You will see the answer on this screen. This is a public forum so do not post your SS number or DOB. I did not see it in your question.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No, seems the price for the information is increasing from original $5.00 quote
Expert:  Christopher B, Esq. replied 6 months ago.

The $5 original quote is a deposit until you get an actual answer. I am a private attorney and do notwork for the site or deal with billing and what you are charged. I am reimbursed for my work through the site so I do not have access to what you are billed. I am finished with my answer, do you want me to proceed?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No thank you, I''ll try another SS site.
Expert:  Christopher B, Esq. replied 6 months ago.

OK, good luck to you and I am sorry we could not help you. Just because I already drafted the answer and even though I will probably not be reimbursed for my time, here is my answer for your question. If you are satisfied, maybe you will give me a positive rating:

The easiest way (and cheapest) is to request your W-2 directly from your employer, who is legally obligated to provide a copy to you.

You can get copies of past w-2 documents from Social Security (SSA) back to 1978. There is a fee related to this request of $86 for each year requested. See link:

You can also order a copy of an entire return from the IRS for a fee. Complete and mail Form 4506, Request for Copy of Tax Return, along with the required fee (link: Allow 75 calendar days for the IRS to process your request.

Please let me know if you have any further questions and please positively rate my answer if you are satisfied. This will cost you nothing extra and will ensure that I will be compensated by the site for my time with you. Feel free to ask any follow up questions if you feel your questions has not been fully answered. See link on how to rate: