How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Mark D Your Own Question
Mark D
Mark D, Enrolled Agent
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 1304
Experience:  MBA, EA, Specializing in Business and Individual Tax Returns and Issues
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
Mark D is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I need a replacement card, mine is lost, what information do

Customer Question

I need a replacement card, mine is lost
JA: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: what information do you need
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Retirement Accountant should know?
Customer: no, except that is was stolen/lost and I want to insure no one else gets access to my account
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Mark D replied 9 months ago.

Hello, what type of card are you referring to?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
social security card
Expert:  Mark D replied 9 months ago.

The fastest option is to request a replacement card on

To do so, you must be a US Citizen aged 18 or older, not be requesting a name change, and have a state issued ID

Will that work for you?