How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask TaxRobin Your Own Question
TaxRobin, Tax Preparer
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 15716
Experience:  15+ years in tax preparation and instruction
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
TaxRobin is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How can I change my address on line? We have moved to a new

Customer Question

How can I change my address on line?
JA: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: We have moved to a new home, but same town. My name is***** and my new address is 204 Acorn Run Lane, Bedford, VA 24523. Old address was***** Bedford VA. 24523?
JA: Is there anything else the Retirement Accountant should be aware of?
Customer: I am retired from Lynchburg City Schools since July 1, 2015. My SS# *****###-##-#### What other info is needed to change my address. My telephone number is(###) ###-#### My email is***@******.***.
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  TaxRobin replied 9 months ago.

Hello, I'm Robin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and typing up my reply. I'll post that in just a few moments.

Expert:  TaxRobin replied 9 months ago.

You can view or update your contact information (e.g. change your address) of record via the My Profile Tab on my Social Security. In addition, you can decide when your change of address will take effect.

People receiving Social Security (Retirement, Survivors and Disability) benefits and those enrolled in Medicare can use my Social Security to change their address and other contact information.

This service is not currently available to people who also receive Supplemental Security Income (SSI) . However, if you are receiving SSI, you can still check your address SSA has on record via the My Profile Tab on my Social Security.

Here is a link to the SSA page to log in or create an account