Christopher B, Esq.
Christopher B, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  associate attorney
84496330

I am 60years of age and I am going to retire at the end of

Customer Question

I am 60years of age and I am going to retire at the end of March of this Year. my is 67 years of age will she be able to collect off of my social security is there a form she would have to filled out before I retire or after
JA: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Is there anything else the Retirement Accountant should be aware of?
Customer: no
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Christopher B, Esq. replied 5 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today. Thank you for your question and for using justanswer.com. Give me a bit and I will draft you an answer.

If you are 60 years of age, you will not be able to collect social security retirement. Age 62 is the earliest you can collect. When you do start collecting, your wife can receive a spousal benefit which is 50% of your benefit (once you start collecting). Unfortunately, this benefit does not stack with your spouse's own retirement benefit. She will only be able to collect the greater of her own retirement benefit and the spousal benefit, not both together.

Please let me know if you have any further questions and please positively rate my answer if you are satisfied. This will cost you nothing extra and will ensure that I will be compensated by the site for my time with you. Feel free to ask any follow up questions if you feel your questions has not been fully answered. See link on how to rate: http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl

Just checking back in, do you have any further questions or have I answered your question adequately?