Christopher B, Esq.
Christopher B, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  associate attorney
84496330

I need to know what number to call regarding my son still

Customer Question

I need to know what number to call regarding my son still receiving SS benefits although they sent him a letter saying he was no longer able to get the benefits.
JA: These retirement benefits are supposed to help us but they can be so complicated! The Retirement Expert will help you get the most benefits propertly. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: My son was cut off SS but still got a check. Do I need to return the check?
JA: Is there anything else the Retirement Accountant should be aware of?
Customer: No
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Christopher B, Esq. replied 6 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today. Thank you for your question and for using justanswer.com.

You can Call SSA at 1-***-***-**** (TTY 1-***-***-****), Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.; or

Contacting your local Social Security office. See link: https://secure.ssa.gov/ICON/main.jsp

If SSA has cut off his benefits and he still receives it then he could be subject to having to pay back those benefits, so I would not cash that check until you ascertain if the check was sent by mistake. Calling or going to the local social security office will probably be quicker as you will probably wait on hold on the 800 number for a very long time.

Please let me know if you have any further questions and please positively rate my answer if you are satisfied. This will cost you nothing extra and will ensure that I will be compensated by the site for my time with you. Feel free to ask any follow up questions if you feel your questions has not been fully answered. See link on how to rate: http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl

Just checking back in, do you have any further questions or have I answered your question adequately?