Lane
Lane, JD,CFP, MBA, CRPS
Experience:  Law Degree, specialization in Tax Law and Corporate Law, CFP and MBA, Providing Financial, Social Security & Tax advice since 1986
1929974

I need to change my Soc. Sec. check to a new bank. I have

Customer Question

I need to change my Soc. Sec. check to a new bank.
JA: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: I have moved from Corpus Christi Texas to Lawton Oklahoma and will remain here for the rest of my life. I have opened a bank account here and am in the process of moving my assests up here but need to get my social sec. check changed first.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Retirement Accountant should know?
Customer: Other than the bank account number and the routing instructions, no.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Lane replied 5 months ago.

Hi. My name's Lane. Welcome to JustAnswer.

...

You can do this in three ways. Bear with me a minute and I'll pull up the SSA regs

Expert:  Lane replied 5 months ago.

You can go here https://www.ssa.gov/myaccount/ where you can set up your MySocialSecurity account where you do do MANY things, such as gettinr copies of your award letter, 1099-A for taxes AND changing your bank account for direct deposit.

...

OR

...

By calling 1-***-***-****, you can speak to a Social Security representative between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m. Monday through Friday. Generally, you’ll have a shorter wait time if you call during the week after Tuesday.

...

OR

...

You can go to your new bank or credit union. Thay all have the forms to make this change and they can get this done for you.

...

I'm so sorry if this isn't what you wanted to hear but those are your only three realistic options (you could always walk into the local field office, but what my clients are tell us us that you'll likely go there and wait all day only to come away with an appointment for another day).

Expert:  Lane replied 5 months ago.

Going to the new back has been the most predictable/accountable method in my experience

...

Please let me know if you have ANY questions at all, before rating me.

I hope you’ll rate me (using those stars, or faces on your screen, by clicking submit) based on thoroughness and accuracy, rather than any good news / bad news content.

Otherwise I’ll receive no compensation for the work here at all, from JustAnswer.

Thank you!

Lane

I hold a law degree, with concentration in Tax Law, Estate law & Corporate law, an MBA, with specialization in finance a BBA, and CFP & CRPS designations, as well - I’ve been providing financial, Social Security/Medicare, estate, corporate, non-profit, and tax advice, to clients on three continents since 1986.

Expert:  Lane replied 5 months ago.

...

I’m just checking back in to see how things are going.

...

Did my answer help?

If this HAS helped, and you DON’T have other questions … I'd appreciate a positive rating (using the stars or faces on your screen, and then clicking “submit")

...

But if you need more on this, please let me know.

Lane