dylatess
dylatess, ATTORNEY
Experience:  37 plus years of SSD practice
29685164

T I need to get a social security card in my married name in

Customer Question

t I need to get a social security card in my married name in order to renew my driver's license. Jessie Gwisdala
JA: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: I can't find the one I had in my maiden name. How do I get one in my married name? The number is###-##-####JA: Is there anything else the Retirement Accountant should be aware of?
Customer: no
Category: Social Security
Expert:  emc011075 replied 5 months ago.

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you.

You will need to visit your local social security office with a proof of name change: marriage certificate or any legal document that show your new name. A new social security number will be mailed to you within 10 business days.

I see you read my respond. Do you have any questions? Is there anything else I can help you with today?