TaxRobin
TaxRobin, Tax Preparer
Experience:  15+ years in tax preparation and instruction
14155347

To you.. .How can I change my monthly amount from tax taken

Customer Question

Good morning to you. . .How can I change my monthly amount from tax taken out to NO Tax being taken out? Jesse
JA: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: I enrolled for retirement & was told the amount to be deposited into my account but, I would like to receive the money without any tax taken out now or in the future. . .Thank You, Jesse
JA: These retirement benefits are supposed to help us but they can be so complicated! The Retirement Expert will help you get the most benefits propertly. Is there anything else important you think the Retirement Accountant should know?
Customer: Just how to get this changed. . .What do you need from me? Jesse
Category: Social Security
Expert:  TaxRobin replied 6 months ago.

Hello, I'm Robin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and typing up my reply. I'll post that in just a few moments.

Expert:  TaxRobin replied 6 months ago.

If SSA is withholding tax all you have to do is use the W4 V (I have given you a link below) and ***** *****ne 7, "I want you to stop withholding federal income tax from my payment(s)"

Unless you requested withholding of tax, SSA will not withhold tax. If you requested withholding then use the W4 V and let them know to not do that.

https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/fw4v.pdf

Sign the form and return it to your local Social Security office by mail or in person.

Please let me know if you need clarification. If you do not then a positive 5 star rating is appreciated so I get credit for the response. (look for the STARS or SMILEY FACES)