Social Security

Ask Social Security Questions and Get Answers ASAP

Social Security

Learn the social security number of a person who is now

Customer Question
deceased JA: The Retirement Accountant will...
learn the social security number of a person who is now deceased
JA: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: my father died in 1999, I have just , in December, received 2 checks from a co-op rural electric company made out to his estate. I cannot find his social security number in any papers that I have. I hope you can help me.
JA: Is there anything else the Retirement Accountant should be aware of?
Customer: I don't know
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Social Security
1/2/2017
Social Security Expert: LawTalk, Attorney replied 1 year ago
LawTalk, Attorney

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and my goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

Only the social security administration has access to our social security records. However, there are many places that your dad used his number social security number.

1. Look on his last year's tax return--state or federal and it will be there.
2. Contact his bank because every bank account you have has your social security number attached to it.
3. Every credit card he had would have had an application and that application needed his social security card so that he could apply for credit.
4. If he rented an apartment or home, chances are good that he provided a written document to the landlord before he rented with his social security number so that they could run a credit check on him.
5. Colleges require that you provide your social security number, and they would have that information on file.
6. Any employer that he worked for since 1936 would have a record of his social security number.

7. Even the military can provide you with a number if you can provide basic information about the service member which is retrievable from his birth certificate, and even his death certificate.

8. Finally, for numbers of persons deceased,keep in mind that if the person has died, virtually every death certificate issued in the US over the past 40 years has the social security number of the deceased entered on the document.

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

Please remember to rate my service to you so that I can be compensated for helping you. There is no cost to you related to your rating my service to you. Thank you in advance.

I wish you and yours well in the New Year,

Doug

It is possible that your questions and issues might be better served by an in-depth conversation with me. If you are interested, for a very nominal charge I can offer you a private phone conference.

Please know that I answered your question in good faith, providing you with the information that you asked for, and I did that with the expectation that you would act likewise and rate my service to you. If I have already provided you with the information you asked for and you have no additional questions, would you please now rate my service to you so I can be compensated for assisting you? Rating me costs you nothing as you have already paid the deposit for my help. All rating does is ensure that I am paid for my time in working with you.

Thanks in advance for your rating of my service. It is greatly appreciated.

I wish you the best in 2017,

Doug

LawTalk, Attorney