Lane
Lane, JD,CFP, MBA, CRPS
Experience:  Law Degree, specialization in Tax Law and Corporate Law, CFP and MBA, Providing Financial, Social Security & Tax advice since 1986
1929974

I would like to have some mney witheld from my SS check this

Customer Question

I would like to have some mney witheld from my SS check this years for taxes. How do I set that up?
JA: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: I want to withold $230 per month from my SS check each month for income tax. My name is***** Jr. What other information do you need ? I am reluctant to type my SS # on line.
JA: Is there anything else the Retirement Accountant should be aware of?
Customer: Not to my knowledge
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Lane replied 8 months ago.

You Should NOT provide you social security (or any other personally identifying information here).

...

Hi My name's Lane.

...

I hold a law degree, with concentration in Tax Law, Estate law & Corporate law, an MBA, with specialization in finance, a BBA, and CFP & CRPS designations, as well - I’ve been providing financial, Social Security/Medicare, estate, corporate, non-profit, and tax advice, since 1986.

...

Bear with me a minute and I'll get you the form.

Expert:  Lane replied 8 months ago.

This is form W4-V (very similar to the W-4 that you would give to an employer for tax withholding) EXCEPT that the choices are 7%, 10%, 15%, or 25% of your payments.

...

https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/fw4v.pdf

...

Just as you gave th W-4 to your employer that paid your paychecks, you'll give this to Social Security.

...

You can take or send to your local Social Security Office.

...

Here's a locator where you can enter your zip code to get the address.

...

https://secure.ssa.gov/ICON/main.jsp

Expert:  Lane replied 8 months ago.

Please let me know if you have ANY questions at all, before rating me

But if this has helped, and you don’t have other questions, I would appreciate a positive rating (using those stars on your screen – and clicking submit)

That’s the only way JustAnswer will compensate me for the work here.

Thanks,

Lane