Stephanie O Joy, Esq
Stephanie O Joy, Esq, Soc. Sec. Attorney
Experience:  19+ years legal exp. - 10+ years owning/operating her own SSD Law practice.
10805288

How do I get a work history of companies from 1981 to 2015

Customer Question

hello, how do I get a work history of companies from 1981 to 2015 they are saying they can't find records of me working
JA: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: if I don't have any records my pay will be cut and my worked will be lost there pension office is saying if I can't prove anything the hours will be lost
JA: These retirement benefits are supposed to help us but they can be so complicated! The Retirement Expert will help you get the most benefits propertly. Is there anything else the Retirement Accountant should be aware of?
Customer: no this is it for now
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Stephanie O Joy, Esq replied 5 months ago.

Hi, my name is***** have been practicing SS LAW full time for 10+ years and look forward to assisting you.

Just to be clear, it is your company or the pension administrator for the employer's pension for you, that is saying they are lacking this information???

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
a pension administrator for employer that said the info can't be found. it is to pension & welfare office for the international longshoremen ass. in the chas.s.c office. hours are keep for pay rocords , retirement.and pay increases watch at this time is affecting pay at this time.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
not tonight to late for me to call but will do tomorrow if that's ok I have a early start in morning

Ah, OK, then you want to order your data from the SSA by using the form found here:

https://www.ssa.gov/forms/ssa-7050.pdf

Notice that there are fees for certain records.

Good luck!

Although you may not have retained the info, you may also try going through all old tax returns with W2s, but I am guessing that you didn't keep them. Who did in the past? I do now, but not many years ago.

I hope this helps! My goal is to provide you with excellent and accurateservice – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.

Kindly rate me "excellent" when you aredone. I look forward to assisting you in the future, should you have legal questions. Be sure to start future posts with "To ***** Esq., ONLY" if you want me to specifically answer it.

Sincerely, ***** ***** Joy, Esq.

Your online SS legal resource!