dylatess
dylatess, ATTORNEY
Experience:  37 plus years of SSD practice
29685164

Husband passed away Oct. 2013 retired military 30 yrs .Iam

Customer Question

Husband passed away Oct. 2013 retired military 30 yrs .Iam receiving surviors benefits. we owned his mothers home for 10 years. so she could live there and we paid the taxes and insurance . When he passed I could afford to paid the taxes so I sold the house this last Feb. will I lose my benefits.
JA: These retirement benefits are supposed to help us but they can be so complicated! The Retirement Expert will help you get the most benefits propertly. Is there anything else the Retirement Accountant should be aware of?
Customer: I own my home I live in now. But we never received any rental we were just helping her so she had a place to live.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  LawTalk replied 8 months ago.

Good afternoon and Happy New Year Reba,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your concerns. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. In order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.

1. Are you receiving social security survivor benefits?

Doug

Expert:  LawTalk replied 8 months ago.

I won't be able to assist you if you are not able to provide the minimal information I sought clarification on. Please get back to me with this information at your earliest convenience.

Doug