dylatess
dylatess, ATTORNEY
Experience:  37 plus years of SSD practice
29685164

I was disabled at a very age, before I could even begin

Customer Question

I was disabled at a very young age, before I could even begin working. I do get SSI benefits, but is there any other benefits that I can get
JA: These retirement benefits are supposed to help us but they can be so complicated! The Retirement Expert will help you get the most benefits propertly. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: I was disabled at age 17 and got my first SSI payment shortly after I turned 18. I don't receive much as I was told that my husband doesn't qualify for any benefits through me. And we're finding difficulty paying bills with just me ssi payment. We've gone to dss. I receive very little with food snap and don't qualify for cash assistance.
JA: Is there anything else the Retirement Accountant should be aware of?
Customer: No that's all I can think of at the moment.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Stephanie O Joy, Esq replied 9 months ago.

Hi, my name is***** have been practicing SS LAW full time for 10+ years and look forward to assisting you.

Is your husband disabled?