How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Stephanie O Joy, Esq Your Own Question
Stephanie O Joy, Esq
Stephanie O Joy, Esq, Soc. Sec. Attorney
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 13566
Experience:  22+ years legal exp. - 12+ years owning/operating her own SSD Law practice.
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
Stephanie O Joy, Esq is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I need to change my bank account number for my direct

Customer Question

i need to change my bank account number for my direct deposit check. My idenity was stolen and I ad to open a new account. can you help me
JA: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: My monthly ssi check is direct deposited. I have left the old account open so that my check gets deposited and not sent back. I then transfer the money to my new account. But the old account is not safe and I want to have the monthly check go into my new account.
JA: These retirement benefits are supposed to help us but they can be so complicated! The Retirement Expert will help you get the most benefits propertly. Is there anything else the Retirement Accountant should be aware of?
Customer: No, tanks. I just want to change the account number
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Stephanie O Joy, Esq replied 9 months ago.

Hi, my name is***** have been practicing SS LAW full time for 10+ years and look forward to assisting you.

Expert:  Stephanie O Joy, Esq replied 9 months ago.

You will want to go now go to

From there, you create a passworded account for yourself with the SSA. You then login (remember your login details) and follow the link to CHANGE your bank information or direct deposit information. You can do it right online. You can also later order which ever of the several documents you wish to download or order that are shared in your account. Other helpful documents include, 1099, annual SS earnings statement, benefits verification, etc. You can change your banking info, your address, etc., should the need arise later or again.

Expert:  Stephanie O Joy, Esq replied 9 months ago.

I hope this helps! My goal is to provide you with excellent and accurateservice – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.

Kindly rate me "excellent" when you aredone. I look forward to assisting you in the future, should you have legal questions. Be sure to start future posts with "To ***** Esq., ONLY" if you want me to specifically answer it.

Sincerely, ***** ***** Joy, Esq.

Your online SS legal resource!