Stephanie O Joy, Esq
Stephanie O Joy, Esq, Soc. Sec. Attorney
Experience:  22+ years legal exp. - 12+ years owning/operating her own SSD Law practice.
10805288

MY husband was retired NAVY AND I HAVE TRI CARE. IS THERE

Customer Question

MY husband was retired NAVY AND I HAVE TRI CARE. IS THERE ANY REASON I SHOULD HAVE DEDUCTIONS FOR MEDI CARE FROM MY SOCIAL SECURITY?
JA: These retirement benefits are supposed to help us but they can be so complicated! The Retirement Expert will help you get the most benefits propertly. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: my social security shows they shall deduct $108.fron my social security for medicare health insurance I FEEL I AM TOTALY INSURED BY TRICARE
JA: Is there anything else the Retirement Accountant should be aware of?
Customer: IM 87 AND NON WORKING WIDOW
Category: Social Security
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Stephanie O Joy, Esq replied 8 months ago.

Hi, my name is***** have been practicing SS LAW full time for 10+ years and look forward to assisting you.

Happy New Year. Thank you for the great question:

According to Tricare:

"If you have Medicare Part A, you must also have Medicare Part B to remain eligible for TRICARE, including prescription drug coverage.

You don't need to sign up for Part B if you're:

• An active duty service member
  • An active duty family member
  • Enrolled in TRICARE Reserve Select, TRICARE Retired Reserve, TRICARE Young Adult, or the The US Family Health Plan."

http://www.tricare.mil/LifeEvents/Medicare

Aside from the above, not having Medicare when eligible for same, can result, when and if you do eventually get part B, in a 10% premium penalty for each year you did not have Medicare part B that you were eligible for it, while not having creditable coverage.

I hope this helps! My goal is to provide you with excellent and accurateservice – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.

Kindly rate me "excellent" when you aredone. I look forward to assisting you in the future, should you have legal questions. Be sure to start future posts with "To ***** Esq., ONLY" if you want me to specifically answer it.

Sincerely, ***** ***** Joy, Esq.

Your online SS legal resource!