annelew12554
annelew12554, Social Security
Experience:  I have extensive knowledge of the rules of Social Seeurity
5242771

Am currently 65 and turn 66 the end of March 2017. At that

Customer Question

Am currently 65 and turn 66 the end of March 2017. At that time I would like to receive my monthly social security check.
JA: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: I signed up for Medicare when I turned 65
JA: These retirement benefits are supposed to help us but they can be so complicated! The Retirement Expert will help you get the most benefits propertly. Is there anything else the Retirement Accountant should be aware of?
Customer: Just need to know the how to sign up
Category: Social Security
Expert:  annelew12554 replied 5 months ago.

Hi

I'm Anne & I've been preparing taxes for 28 years. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Hi

There are a number of ways for you to sign up for your retirement benefit. You can apply online, by phone, or by person. I went down to my local SSA building to sign up, because I knew I would have questions. Here's the website with all of the options for you:

https://www.ssa.gov/planners/retire/applying8.html

If you have found my answer helpful, please take the moment to rate positive by clicking on the stars

It is ONLY through positive ratings that we are compensated for our time and knowledge

Thank you for choosing justanswer.