dylatess
dylatess, ATTORNEY
Experience:  37 plus years of SSD practice
29685164

I have a question tell me i'm 65 going to 66 next month. i

Customer Question

I have a question tell me i'm 65 going to 66 next month . i got a letter from u people stateing that ur changing me from disability to ssa and still get my same benefit ?
JA: These retirement benefits are supposed to help us but they can be so complicated! The Retirement Expert will help you get the most benefits propertly. Is there anything else the Retirement Accountant should be aware of?
Customer: How can they say i'm healed from being disable when i've been through 2 transplants a liver and a kidney . and i'm diabetic plus ive got 2 bleeding ulcers , and i'm losing my vision and hearing for what they give me monthly doesn't pay ok i was put on disability back in 2008 cuz of my libver having verices ruptuing and doctors told me i couldnt work with chemicals like muretic acid , and chlorine so it wasnt my decion to strop working it was the drs. decion
Category: Social Security
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
why am i getting changed how can u determine if i'm healed from my illness i've had 2 transplants and still seeing drs at mayo hospital
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
i'm diabetic , 2 bleeding ulcers , losing my vision and my hearing cuz of my diabetes . plus what i'm getting is not sufficent theres young people putting in for disability and getting 2300 dollars a month i think thats unfair
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
i didn'y retire cuz i wanted but was pulled of work by my drs at mayo cuz i was having a lot of problems with rupturing verices and i was get surgery lots of times and i worked with chemicles at work so it was irritating due to the surgerys they would put me to sleep and do endoscopy and go in and band my verices that was why the drs pulled me off not because i wanted . so why can't i get payed what i'm allowed to get .
Expert:  emc011075 replied 9 months ago.

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you.

You cannot receive disability benefit after your full retirement age. Nobody does, that's the rule. At full retirement age all disability benefits are automatically converted to the traditional old age benefits. It does not mean that you are not disabled any more, it only means that you reached your full retirement age and are entitled to regular benefits.

Disability benefits are early benefits. Once you reach your full retirement age, you are not entitled to early benefits any more, you are not entitled to your regular social security benefits. Unless you applied for any social security benefits before your disability started, your benefits should be same. There should not be any difference.