LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I have 30 years of legal and litigation experience, including representing clients before the U.S. Social Security Administration.
15277592

How do I change my bank account to do direct deposit to my

Customer Question

how do I change my bank account to do direct deposit to my bank because my check book was stolen an I had to change my bank account number.
JA: When we are ready I'll take you to the appropriate web page.
Customer: ok
JA: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: ok
JA: Is there anything else the Retirement Accountant should be aware of?
Customer: no This is a change of my bank account number for my automatic deposit.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  LawTalk replied 6 months ago.

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. I wanted to let you know that I am reviewing your question right now. Please give me a few minutes to prepare an answer and get it posted to you. Thanks in advance,

Doug

Expert:  LawTalk replied 6 months ago.

As you already are receiving benefits, you can create a My Social Security Online Account and start or change Direct Deposit online. If you don’t already have an account, you can easily create one. You can open your own social security online account and see your earnings statement, estimated retirement benefit, change bank accounts and much more, in about 15 minutes through this site: http://www.ssa.gov/myaccount/

Do not close your old account until the first payment has been deposited by social security into your new account. If you close the old account too quickly, you could miss a monthly benefit payment that could take 4 to 6 weeks to get back from social security.

Alternatively, if you are already receiving Social Security and or Supplemental Security Income benefits through direct deposit, then you may change the account the deposit is posted to by calling 1 (800 )SSA-1213 (1-***-***-****). The representative will be able to assist you in getting the change made to your account.

Finally, you may also visit your local social security office and make the change.

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

Please remember to rate my service to you so that I can be compensated for helping you. There is no cost to you related to your rating my service to you. Thank you in advance.

I wish you and yours well in the coming New Year,

Doug

Expert:  LawTalk replied 6 months ago.

It is possible that your questions and issues might be better served by an in-depth conversation with me. If you are interested, for a very nominal charge I can offer you a private phone conference.

Please know that I answered your question in good faith, providing you with the information that you asked for, and I did that with the expectation that you would act likewise and rate my service to you. If I have already provided you with the information you asked for and you have no additional questions, would you please now rate my service to you so I can be compensated for assisting you? Rating me costs you nothing as you have already paid the deposit for my help. All rating does is ensure that I am paid for my time in working with you.

Thanks in advance for your rating of my service. It is greatly appreciated.

I wish you the best in 2017,

Doug

Expert:  LawTalk replied 6 months ago.

Is there anything else I can assist you with today?

Doug