How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lane Your Own Question
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 12673
Experience:  Law Degree, specialization in Tax Law and Corporate Law, CFP and MBA, Providing Financial, Social Security & Tax advice since 1986
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
Lane is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How can I get a copy of my annual SS award letter. I

Customer Question

How can I get a copy of my annual SS award letter. I accidently threw ir out and now I need it for proof of income.
JA: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: Nothing else to tell. I need a copy so I can prove SS income.
JA: Is there anything else the Retirement Accountant should be aware of?
Customer: No I lost the documents in all the holiday chaos. What do I need to do? Is there a web site where I can request a copy? R. Parrrish
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Lane replied 9 months ago.

Hi. there are only two ways to do this:


(1) To set up or use your account to get a benefit verification letter, go to Sign In Or Create An Account.

You can print that out immediately


(2) If you can’t or don’t want to use your online account, you can call SSA at 1-***-***-****.


By calling 1-***-***-****, you can speak to a Social Security representative between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m. Monday through Friday. Generally, you’ll have a shorter wait time if you call during the week after Tuesday.

Expert:  Lane replied 9 months ago.

Here's the web site for setting up or signing on to your online account:



Please let me know if you have ANY questions at all, before rating me.

I hope you’ll rate me (using those stars, or faces on your screen, by clicking submit) based on thoroughness and accuracy, rather than any good news / bad news content.

Otherwise I’ll receive no compensation for the work here at all, from JustAnswer.

Thank you!


I hold a law degree, with concentration in Tax Law, Estate law & Corporate law, an MBA, with specialization in finance a BBA, and CFP & CRPS designations, as well - I’ve been providing financial, Social Security/Medicare, estate, corporate, non-profit, and tax advice, to clients on three continents since 1986