How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lane Your Own Question
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 11994
Experience:  Law Degree, specialization in Tax Law and Corporate Law, CFP and MBA, Providing Financial, Social Security & Tax advice since 1986
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
Lane is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Sweitzer. I get SSDI. I an trying to get a place to live. I

Customer Question

My name is***** I get SSDI. I an trying to get a place to live. I need to get an up to date copy of my award letter. I got one from 2013. I need one from 2016 or 2017. Can you email me one very soon. This is for The York Housing Authority York PA
JA: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Is there anything else the Retirement Accountant should be aware of?
Customer: Not at this time. Can I contact them tonight?
Submitted: 7 months ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Lane replied 7 months ago.

Hi Scott. My name's Lane.


I'm so sorry, but there are only three ways to get an award letter.


The QUICKEST way, by far is to go to


Once you set up your account, you can pull up your award letter and print it out immediately.


You can also call the national call center and they'll send one out.


By calling 1-***-***-****, you can speak to a Social Security representative between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m. Monday through Friday (Generally, you’ll have a shorter wait time if you call during the week after Tuesday.)


And finally, you can do this by going to a local field office.

Expert:  Lane replied 7 months ago.

Please let me know if you have ANY questions at all, before rating me

But if this has helped, and you don’t have other questions, I would appreciate a positive rating (using those stars on your screen – and clicking submit) … That’s the only way JustAnswer will compensate me for the work here.



I hold a law degree, with concentration in Tax Law, Estate law & Corporate law, an MBA, with specialization in finance a BBA, and CFP & CRPS designations, as well - I’ve been providing financial, Social Security/Medicare, estate, corporate, non-profit, and tax advice, since 1986.